Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs, and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells can't. But you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper can. And you discover that the person you thought you were is NO match for the one you really are.

-Anonymos

12 December 2013

Trim Your Tire Challenge 2013

I am again doing the Trim Your Tire Challenge.  For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a motivation tool I have been using to keep me moving during the months of November and December.  And we all know that with the extra treats we share together, moving more is a good idea.  So, during these two months I try to accomplish the distances of an Iron Man Triathlon.

4000 meter swim
112 mile bike
26.2 mile run

I have not been training for, nor do I have the time to accomplish all three events in one day, but taking both months to get through the distances is attainable for me.  NOT easy, but I can do it.

This year I have cruised through the swimming and the biking; however, the running is evading me.  I don't love to run in the snow or on the inside track.  Which makes getting my 26.2 miles done is really hard.  I've only run 7 miles in the last 6 weeks.  Here's hoping I can get 19.2 miles in  within the last 2.5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment