Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs, and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells can't. But you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper can. And you discover that the person you thought you were is NO match for the one you really are.

-Anonymos

15 December 2014

Rivalry Relay 2014

September 6th was the day for the Rivalry Relay.  The day that Utah and BYU fans go head to head in a race from Ute territory to Cougar territory.  Okay, so it's not as intense as that sounds, but it IS a blast. 

This was my first year running it and I don't want to miss another year.  I had 3 legs to run and I don't think I ran over 9 miles total. A perfect amount for one day.  I dressed in Utah colors and ran for the enjoyment of being with other runners.  There were speedy teams and slower teams, but it didn't matter how long the race took you.  ALL seemed to love what they were doing.  And everyone supported each other. 


 My last leg.


Tired, but still smiling.

I can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment