Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs, and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells can't. But you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper can. And you discover that the person you thought you were is NO match for the one you really are.

-Anonymos

11 September 2012

Tough Week to Fantastic Race.

Last week was a rough one.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to run in my race Saturday.  Actually, the week started out pretty well.  Monday - running.  Tuesday - sleep in. Wednesday- Abs & Arms PLUS running.  But later in the day, I twisted my knee while helping my little one on the toilet.  I have never had my knee hurt quite like it did Wednesday.  Not even after catching for 9 years.

Because I wanted to run my race I took the next two days off of everything.  No running, no lifting, and being very careful in how I moved in my daily activities.  I iced plenty and was able to run Saturday.  I am so glad I was able to run because I ran with my cousin.  We were running in memory of her brother.  AddictIIAthlete was putting on the race.  This race to replace addiction was their inaugural race. Before the race we had a moment of silence and then everyone who was there running for someone who had fallen to their addiction let a balloon go in their memory.  Many tears were shed.



One man ran the whole 5K while dragging a tire behind him.  It was his addiction.  Very inspiring.  I can't wait for next year's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment